Receiver/Processor heirarchy?

Being 2021 and it being primarily a cinema processor one doesn't, unless they buy a phono stage and connect it digitally. Why would anyone buy a McIntosh with Audyssey?... or anything with Audyssey for that matter....

Are you going to game thru a TV at 120hz? You'd have to weigh up the cons of having HDMI 2.1, 120hz gaming since it literally does nothing else and the price for a 2.1 board upgrade that actually works isn't going to be cheap.

Lyngdorf just released a 2.1 board for the MP60 which imo has the best sound and most sensible feature set. You'll see all prices on everything go up now because of brexit.

If you want to keep the money down - Anthem AVM90 or Lyngdorf MP40

I absolutely love VRR so prepared to wait for an affordable HDMI 2.1 processor & Projector to hit the market. I'm not in a massive rush :) I've already played 120hz, VRR and for me it's pretty transformative for certain games.

Being 2021 and it being primarily a cinema processor one doesn't, unless they buy a phono stage and connect it digitally. Why would anyone buy a McIntosh with Audyssey?... or anything with Audyssey for that matter....
I agree that the analogue-free Lyngdorf MP60 is above the analogue-free McIntosh MX100 due to the RoomPerfect vs Audyssey; it's also rather more expensive (£12K vs £7K).

So if the question is "which processor that eschews analogue support is the best at any price", we can rank differently. After all the Trinnov and Storm are also disqualified by having analogue support too. ;)

So if the question is "which processor that eschews analogue support is the best at any price", we can rank differently. After all the Trinnov and Storm are also disqualified by having analogue support too. ;)

I don't think it is the question in this case? Would I rate a McIntosh over a D&M product, yes most likely. But if I cared about my sound, then there's nothing going to get around the effects of the room without a robust and effective room correction system.

I guess in terms of money the Anthem AVM90 or Lyngdorf MP40 - since the MP40 won't receive HDMI 2.1 then that leaves the Anthem with a 2.1 upgrade path down the line it also has an MM in.

Would I rate a McIntosh over a D&M product, yes most likely. But if I cared about my sound, then there's nothing going to get around the effects of the room without a robust and effective room correction system.
The MX170 uses RoomPerfect , licensed from Lyngdorf. Unfortunately, the significantly cheaper MX123 and MX100 don't, sticking with Audyssey.

Many of us are waiting for the next generation of processors with full HDMI 2.1 support.

The MX170 uses RoomPerfect , licensed from Lyngdorf. Unfortunately, the significantly cheaper MX123 and MX100 don't, sticking with Audyssey.

Many of us are waiting for the next generation of processors with full HDMI 2.1 support.

Is it just the 8K support you want or is there a gaming aspect in there also? The MP60 now has a working 2.1 board, it might be the only processor with a fully working hdmi 2.1 board out there for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom