1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver / positioners

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Hotblack, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Hotblack

Hotblack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone here up on reciever / positioners?

There is a Manhattan DSR-2500 for sale, (review here) I posted a message a few days ago and have been looking around for alternatives to Sky. I'd like to get foreign channels but would like to avoid a subsrciption if possible. Can anyone tell me what sort of dish I would need for this receiver (all I know is that it needs to move) and what else I would need to complete the set up.

Does anyone know of any sites that deal with analogue channels and positioner style receivers & dishes?

Thanks

2. Mattk

Mattk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With a 1 meter dish you can get about 30 different satellites in the UK, tones and tones of foreign channels BUT the free to air stuff isn't very good and to get decent English language channels you need to look into getting cams and cards which is illegal unless you pay for a subscription in the country they are intended for. Anyway people do it! There are still a few D2MAC analog channels on Thor (Scandinavia) and decoders and cards are available cheaply (but illegal):) To be honest SKY is cheaper as a cam can cost up to £100 then you need a card to receive some foreign packages and to keep it updated. Too much hassle for most people!! There's a few good music channels and radio stations on other satellites though so even if you use a reciever to get those it's a benefit.