Quantcast

Receiver Only Showing LPCM When Connected To Xbox

quarry2006

I was playing Alan Wake last night and noticed that the display on my STR-DH820 was only showing LPCM and playing in 2.1

It's not done this before and when I checked the inputs for my Freeview box and Blu-ray player it was picking up digital 5.1 signals just fine. Any idea what might have caused this? I have the Xbox connected to the receiver via the HDMI cable and, in turn, a HDMI cable runs from the receiver to the tv.

StevieBuck

Sometimes if I turn my xbox on before my receiver, the audio reverts to 2 channel PCM. Changing the audio output setting on the console away from Dolby Digital and back again fixes it. Could be a similar issue you have.

quarry2006

Cheers. I'll try that out. I did turn the Xbox on before the receiver so hopefully that's what's caused it.

Dinky Dragon

Novice Member
I thought this issue had been fixed!

Let us know otherwise.

quarry2006

No, I had a problem with my Blu-ray but this is the first time I've had an issue with the Xbox. I haven't had a chance to try StevieBuck's advice yet but hope to have another look at it tonight...

Dinky Dragon

Novice Member
How many speakers are you using?

quarry2006

Right, that method of turning the receiver on first has worked a treat. Dolby Digi 5.1 scrolled across the display, as soon as I turned on the 360, no worries :)