Receiver interference when using SKY

A

Andy1

I have just bought a Pioneer 812 receiver, which is linked to my Pace Digibox with decent leads. Speakers are JM Lab Sib & Cub.

My digibox is connected by phono leads to the 812 (new, reasonable quality B-Tech Professional leads), but when playing SKY sound there is slight interference on virtually all of the PLII / NEO settings (“Standard” sound modes on the receiver). This interference is not present when playing back video tapes or DVDs so I assume it is not an issue with unshielded cables / speaker failure / power source.

Although speech is through the centre speaker (which does not appear to be effected by the problem), if you listen to any of the surround speakers there is a slight sqwelchy reverb with speech – a bit like the sound of an old style modem dialling up, but echoing behind the speech. When speech stops, so does the interference.

Using the digibox without the receiver / speakers there is certainly no interference heard through the normal TV speakers. The digibox signal tests are reasonable (strength 50%, signal quality 60%), so I do not necessarily think I am just hearing a poor Sky audio signal being highlighted.

Anyone with any ideas how this can be removed – Creative Audio (vendor) believe it may be digital artefacting from the SKY signal, so basically I just have to live with it !

:(

bob1

Sqwelchy noises from the rears is normal, i take it you can only hear this with your ear right up to the speakers.In fact i have just had a listen (the bill) sqwelchy noises from speach at the rears.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom