Receiver help - Pioneer, Yamaha or Sony?

shamenize

Standard Member
Looking for help on which receiver to pick up - I'm replacing my 11 year old Sony Dolby 5.1 receiver and can't decide which model to replace it with - I'm not looking for high end equipment - I just want to watch my blu-rays and dvds in glorious 5.1. As it stands, my 825 can't pass any DTS sound unless I pull it down to plain stereo. I'm also worried about the receivers ability to downconvert DTS HD and DD TruHD to standard 5.1. The three models I'm looking at are:

Pioneer VSX-519V, Yamaha RX-V365 and the Sony DH500.

Any suggestions? I've got my br of A Bug's Life in DTS and it's KILLING me not being able to watch it. Thanks for any help!

Stev

Badger0-0

I'm also worried about the receivers ability to downconvert DTS HD and DD TruHD to standard 5.1
Any amp that's not capable of decoding the HD formats will just run the core DTS/DD tracks, no worries :smashin:

shamenize

Standard Member
now here's another question (i went with the sony dh500) - i've got one subwoofer output on the back. am i safe splitting that output to two powered subwoofers? i had 2 sub outs on my last receiver and don't want to cause harm to the new one - thanks for any help!

stev

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom