1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver for the Gallos

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pcookie, Oct 10, 2002.

1. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Given that I've more or less settled for getting a set of A. Gallos Micros + sub, what is the least I should be looking at to run the little buggers.
    As they are more expensive than my original budget allowed for speakers, I'm now lowering my sights on the receiver front from £1000 to nearer £500.
    My current fave is the Marantz 7300, but other ideas are welcome even if it means looking further up the financial scale. My DVD is a Sony NV900s.
    TV is Philips 28" widescreen (yes I know, but it will take all my Jedi mind tricks to convince the missus to spend 2 grand on this little lot, so the plasma will have to wait).

cheers, cookie

2. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    basically you can get any amp/receiver you want but as said by Eric himself even an Upgraded A1SE is not too good for these things.

3. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for your kind offer Shaun, but I'm not a great fan of the 3802, both in terms of cosmetic looks and musical ability. Still its interesting to know that the Gallos will accomodate future upgrades! I think at the moment I'll wait until I can audition the Gallos with the Marantz and take it from there.

cookie

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running them with the 5300 and they sound great. Can't give you a more detailed idea of the sound as I'm currently sub and surround-less.:D

5. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262