1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver for Tannoy FX5.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by googlesher, Mar 8, 2004.

1. googlesher

googlesher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Could anybody recommend a good Surround Sound Receiver (<£300) to go with my new Tannoy FX5.1 speakers.

Many thanks,

Neil

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yamaha RXV640 must be going about that by now found this worked pretty well with that pack, The NAD T742 worked incredibly well and brought alot more out of the tannoys but you'd be sacrificing some "Features"!

3. kiwidave73

kiwidave73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the receiver but was wondering if you've had a chance to listen to the Tannoy speakers, and if so, what you thought of them.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    used them on a few different amps, these are going for a bargain. at the original £450 price they were a bit overpriced but they sound as good as the elac cinema1 and Tannoys sell for less now so still a bargain. At the worst the sub is a bit of a let down but not for the price!

5. gbcasual

gbcasual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    I'm using the Tannoy FX 5.1 with the Pioneer VSX C501s which you can get for £279.99 from techtronics.com.

The Pioneer has a crossover at 150 which is good as the Tannoy satellites only go down to 140. The Tannoys can be bettered, but IMO not at the price you can find them for now.

Though I'm no audiophile, I'm very pleased with the sound I can get for the price I paid for both.

Cheers

Jon