Receiver for Energy Take Classic 5.1

stevesy

Standard Member
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to HT systems. Would you have any suggestions on an a/v receiver to drive the Energy Take Classic 5.1? Preferrably something by Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo or Pioneer that's future-proof. Also, do any of you have these Energy speakers, are they good as the reviews say? If they're in fact crap could you possibly recommend something else at a similar price? The living room the speakers will be in is ~20ft x 20ft and €1000 is the max I can spend on everything. Thanks for any help : ]

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Where in the world are you? I take it you are not in the UK.
With 1k to spend I would split it so that you spend around 700 for the speakers and 300 for the receiver.
If in the UK I would recommend monitor audio vector speakers and a denon 2113.

stevesy

Standard Member
Where in the world are you? I take it you are not in the UK.
With 1k to spend I would split it so that you spend around 700 for the speakers and 300 for the receiver.
If in the UK I would recommend monitor audio vector speakers and a denon 2113.

I'm in Ireland. Was in my local electronics store today and the guy recommended putting a large chunk of the cash into a receiver like this that has plenty of power and functionality

Peats: Yamaha RXV673 Amplifier

and start off with a speaker system like this which I could upgrade without any problems

Peats: Jamo S426 5.1 Speaker Kit

Would there be any comparison between the Jamo and Energy packages I mentioned i.e are tower speakers the way to go for HT?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom