• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Receiver Dilema!

lee171181

Standard Member
After doing months of research & deciding which kit to buy, I have just been into my local Richer Sounds in the hope of picking up a Sony 2400 but was told that they have no stock and no more due in as now discontinued!! Annoying as this seemed to tick all the boxes and would have fitted in my cabinet perfectly!

I have also been looking at the Denon 1910 (which they did have) but the problem here is that the receiver is to high (over 17mm) and therefore wont fit into my tv stand!!

I know I can probably still get the Sony 2400 online somewhere but the problem is that I also want to purchase a style speaker package at the same time (probably Kef's) and so was looking to get a deal on both together!

So the questions are:

Is there a new Sony model out/coming out to replace the 2400 and is it any good or should I look online & try and get the Sony amp & speakers together for a good price or should I stick with the Denon & try and find somewhere else to put it!!!

lee171181

Standard Member
thanks for the info,

What about any new models coming out to replace the 2400?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom