1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver Comparison

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jediwenger, Jan 9, 2004.

1. jediwenger

jediwenger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was considering buying the Denon AVR2803 receiver, sounds good and more than adequate for my needs, however I have just seen the new Denon AVR-770SD on this site and would be interested on how the two compare. I have tried to find the technical spec etc of the later but there seems very little information on the web.
    Anyway apart from the obvious size difference and I assume the number of inputs on the back of the thing can anybody help me make up my mind as to whether the laters performance is on par with the 2803. The reason I am asking is there is the obvious price difference and the new slim-line model appeals to Her-Indoors more so than the 2803, especially in my preferred gold.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The amps are actually pretty similar until it comes to power output, and especially quality of output at higher volumes. The bigger 2803 will be able to drive bigger speakers to higher levels in a larger room than the 770, which is less powerful.

As good as the 770 probably is, the extra muscle and of course more input/output options of the 2803, make this the choice you should push your wife to allow you buy. You'll probably have more chance with the boss if you avoid the rather brash gold colour too IMO. ;)