Receiver and Soundbar with ARC

maheshgv

Novice Member
Reaction score
Our current setup involves Sony Bravia A80CJ TV with Denon AVR-X2200W receiver. The receiver has 5.1 speakers connected to it. All our media sources (AppleTV, DVD player, FireTV) are connected to the receiver.

We recently purchased the Stealthtech audio from Lovesac. This is a soundbar from Harman Kardon that accepts HDMI (ARC) & Optical inputs.

We are looking at an ideal situation where the media is played via the receiver but we can route the audio either through the receiver or the soundbar.

Considering that the TV has only 1 ARC port, I'm thinking of trying with the HDMI Matrix switch to route the ARC either to the receiver or the soundbar.

I would appreciate any additional inputs or ideas regarding this setup.

Thanks in advance.

eARC and ARC are not designed to cascade. ARC in particular requires CEC, where the TV is the ‘root’ device and it will only talk with one other ARC device.

You could add a device such as the HDFury Vertex2 which inputs eARC or ARC and routes that to an HDMI Input on the AVR and then potentially your AVR supports HDMI Standby passthru and allows you to route audio to the Soundbar when the AVR is in standby.

See HDFury Vertex² | Official UK Supplier | Next Day UK Shipping

Joe

Hi Joe, you seem pretty confortable with ARC and I was wondering if you could help me with a USB question on my Bravia xbr 65x900f tv ? The issue is my usb drive on my Onkyo is acting up and I am unable to open the drive contents ( music files). What I am thinking is to put the usb drive into the tv and open the media app and play tunes. My question is will the sound come out of the tv or will it move to the HDMI 3 ARC cable and play out of my reciever? Currently the tv is set up for audio out to the tv speakers which is fine for me and only sends a signal to the reciever when I use the ARC input which was for my music playing out of Klipsch towers. As well I am unsertain of the DSP quality or DAC quality on the Bravia. If you Joe or anyone has some ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks
x3racer

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom