Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Receiver advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sophsoft, Mar 17, 2005.

1. sophsoft

sophsoft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a new receiver and I've been thinking about either the Yamaha 650 or the Denon 1905. I have a Sony 32" Plasma, Harmon Kardon DVD 25 (for the prog scan output mainly), a Sony VDX 800 digital tv receiver and (groan) Bose Accoustimass 10 speakers. The room is an average size. I currently use the receiver mainly for movies, but I figure I'd listen to more music if the sound was a little better.

I've seen on the site, that the yammy is great for movies but he denon is better for music, is there another receiver I'm not considering that does a great job of both? I've currently got a very old (10 years) Denon receiver - and its been OK, but is really old and tired now. My budget is up to about £400 - give or take £50

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    For a £400 budget you could get the Yammy 750SE which has (quoting Yamaha) Pure Direct Mode for High Quality 2-Channel Sound Reproduction. As my experience of amps is limited I'm sure someone else can recommend more amps that will suit your budget.