1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sophsoft, Mar 17, 2005.

1. sophsoft

sophsoft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a new receiver and I've been thinking about either the Yamaha 650 or the Denon 1905. I have a Sony 32" Plasma, Harmon Kardon DVD 25 (for the prog scan output mainly), a Sony VDX 800 digital tv receiver and (groan) Bose Accoustimass 10 speakers. The room is an average size. I currently use the receiver mainly for movies, but I figure I'd listen to more music if the sound was a little better.

I've seen on the site, that the yammy is great for movies but he denon is better for music, is there another receiver I'm not considering that does a great job of both? I've currently got a very old (10 years) Denon receiver - and its been OK, but is really old and tired now. My budget is up to about £400 - give or take £50

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    For a £400 budget you could get the Yammy 750SE which has (quoting Yamaha) Pure Direct Mode for High Quality 2-Channel Sound Reproduction. As my experience of amps is limited I'm sure someone else can recommend more amps that will suit your budget.