• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Received no poll card - do I have a problem

Isobutane

I sent off my form to register to vote about 2-3 weeks ago, and as of yet have received no poll card. I decided to use 192.com to see if my name showed up on the Electorial Register 2009 data base, and it did not, but I'm guessing that doesn't really show anything as it wouldn't be updated THAT fast. I would imagine they periodically receive information, rather than having a direct, live link to any government information.

Is a poll card absolutely necessary to vote? Or if I am indeed on the electorial register, will they have a list of people within their area who is on the electorial roll, or is the poll card the only proof at that level?

This is the only European election where I've ever felt motivated enough to vote, and it seems I've been stopped in my tracks. Prehaps Gordon's ordered some convinient delays on the poll card ;).

krish

Distinguished Member
You shouldn't really be on 192.com if you checked the box to opt out of the edited list (i.e. details sold by your council to third parties/junk mailers)

I think you can still go to your local polling station taking proof of ID/address (passport & driving licence/utility bill should be good enough), and obviously emphasise strongly that you have registered

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
Provided you're registered, you don't need the polling card to vote, but it may save the polling station clerk some time if you do.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom