Receipt for Samsung Warranty?

JC4PM

Hi guys, after a bit of advice today.
I've been offered a good deal on an S5, someone's unwanted upgrade, but they insist this came with no paperwork at all, not even a complimentary slip. Do I need something with date of purchase on it to get warranty, or is the serial number all I really need to register the item?
One other thing, can anyone give me a link to where i can check the serial number please, I'll be damned if I can find it.
Many thanks in advance for any pointers. :)

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
From what I understand it's hit n miss whether Samsung will want proof of purchase before any repair. He/She should at the very least have a delivery note which would be with the upgrade. Any upgrade I've ever had has ALWAYS come with a delivery note. They can request a copy from their network.

Palpable

Samsung have repaired my s/h phone twice without proof of purchase, but now refuse to repair it as I don't have a receipt.

Pet3r

Novice Member
The thing about your S5 is that as its new - any samsung repair centre will honour your waranty for these 2 years

TDK

Hi guys, after a bit of advice today.
I've been offered a good deal on an S5, someone's unwanted upgrade, but they insist this came with no paperwork at all, not even a complimentary slip. Do I need something with date of purchase on it to get warranty, or is the serial number all I really need to register the item?
One other thing, can anyone give me a link to where i can check the serial number please, I'll be damned if I can find it.
Many thanks in advance for any pointers. :)
Samsung service is very very bad, i suggest not to buy with out a receipt. And also the warranty is not applicable for every repair in samsung, Last december my wife bought samsung and with in a week she had a problem with charging. It could not charge with the charger however it was charging if you connect it to a laptop using cable. My wife took it to the service center and they took 4 weeks and came back and said that there is a moisture and warranty not covered. I then read in some forums about the rice bag technique, I kept my phone in rice bag for 3 days and then it started working with charger :)

Rizza

I just has 2 Samsung phones repaired at the flagship store in Westfield without receipts and they didn't ask for proof of purchase. One was an S3 just under 2 years old, which only charged properly from a laptop and that was repaired under warranty once they checked the IMEI which gives the purchase date, and the other was an S4 with a cracked screen which wasn't covered for obvious reasons.

User and water damage is never covered under warranty.

Rizza

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom