reccommend me a good usb wireless adapter for vista?

clarkkent

Standard Member
Getting sky broadband this week but need a wireless adapter for my new vista but which one?:confused:

Also need a wireless card for laptop using xp! Any recommendations!!:rolleyes:

frazzle121180

hmm not sure on a good make to recommend, but I can recommend one to stay away from........Netgear, I have there Wireless USB stick on my vista install and there have been 3 driver updates in windows updates for it, but still it either cuts off or does not come on at all, its an absolute nightmare.

Another one of the reasons I find myself reminiscing (sp?) of the greater days of WinXP:rolleyes:

treacle

Novice Member
And yet I find Netgear great, had to change to Router when USB modem failed in Vista.

Its brilliant, should have changed years ago.

One tip always make sure its powered up before booting.

Uridium

Same here no problems with Netgear.

Remember though that the Router sky will supply you with will be a Netgear one (834GT from memory)

For maximum wireless performance you can't beat using devices made by the same manafacturer, I know this shouldn't be the case but I'm afraid it is.

clarkkent

Standard Member
Same here no problems with Netgear.

Remember though that the Router sky will supply you with will be a Netgear one (834GT from memory)

For maximum wireless performance you can't beat using devices made by the same manafacturer, I know this shouldn't be the case but I'm afraid it is.

Will the netgear range max wpn111 work ok with this router or just get the 108 mps one?

HexElffilter

Novice Member
clarkkent said:
Will the netgear range max wpn111 work ok with this router or just get the 108 mps one?
I'm not sure that one will work, as it's for the RangeMAX routers.

But this one should work here.

I don't think you'll have any issues using your router on a vista machine, it's mainly the wireless usb adapter drivers that are causing issues on peoples vista machines.

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
Netgear working well here. Early drivers would fail to register on boot up quite regularly on the Beta versions but the latest drivers have been quite stable for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom