Reccoment a nice looking wireless mouse/keyboard

petrolhead

Getting a new Dell XPS8500 soon and secided I would also like to replace my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse.

After something thats basic, not interested in a multimedia keyboard, but looks quality and in keeping with a nice new setup.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Presumably basic also means you're looking for cheap (under £30-40?). Do they have to be wireless as well or are you fine with wired? Some sort of suggestion of what style you prefer would also be handy, are you talking black with subtle chrome accents or red and green backlit with glitter or something else entirely?

Finally, is there anything you don't want - laptop style keys, alternative layouts etc.

petrolhead

No not necessarily cheap, just do not want all the extra media keys etc.

Style, well apple style would be nice. Black with subtle chrome accents would be nice.

No silly flashing lights, Day-Glo colours or little green men jumping out of the keys :):)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Filco keyboards are a nice sleek looking board (available here) but they're aimed at heavy users and keep typists so they're not wireless and the price is high. The matias tactile pro is a recreation of the last keyboard apple made before the current one that was well liked, although with rather more modern styling. It's also wired, fairly expensive and available from the same place.

I guess you've checked logitech and microsoft yourself.

Cherry make some good keyboards but while their cymotion experts or G80-3000s tend to be as solid as a rock they're also not the prettiest of things (the G80 isn't too bad). Their 'designer' keyboards tend to be a bit more inconsistent in quality, but they're worth a look.

Keysonic are popular around here for their mini-keyboards, there full size range is limited if that's what you're after but one or two of the models might fit your criteria.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom