• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reccomendations for good value cables

andrewtayloruk

Established Member
Hi,

I'm a few cables short of a full complement (is that a euphanism?); I'd like them before Christmas so online ordering is out and I don't want to pay big money.

Can anyone suggest some brands to look out for and shops I may be able to get them from for the following:

1M Toslink Cable from Sky HD to Denon 1906
1M Scart Cable from Sky HD to Panasonic DVD-R
2M DVI-D to HDMI Mac Mini to Panasonic TH50PX60

Currys / PCWorld seems really expensive, £50 for the DVI/HDMI lead!

I also need some coaxial aerial cables, do these make much of a difference?

I'm up in the North East near Durham. Don't want to spend (another) fortune, but don't want to loose performance.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrew

Brogan

Prominent Member
At the lengths you require, it will make no difference whether you use a free bundled cable or £1,000 cable for the optical and HDMI cables.
I use Molex HDMI cables at 2M and 3M lengths and they are less than £20 each.

For the scart you should get something decent for around £20.

As long as you use correctly shielded coaxial cable, again it's irrelevant.
I estimate the dish on my apartment is at least 75m away from the wall socket and I have no issues with signal strength or quality.

andrewtayloruk

Established Member
Okay thanks, I've spend quite a bit on component cables and speaker cable. As some digital coax. It's good to know that I can get a few bargains at Richer sounds without worrying.

Thanks again

Andrew

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom