Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

reccomendations for a 5.1 setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by onewingedangel, Sep 12, 2003.

1. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Which (preferably small) speakers and sub would you reccomend for a students 5.1 setup, possibly paired with a pioneer vsx-c301 reciever. As a student the price is obviously of absolute importance, and I dont want to spend too much, any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I personally have some Eltax Jupiters. Everyone will laugh at me but its my 1st setup and am only 16...
    They can really pump out some bass but need a sub to hold that bass thats the only problem.
    The Eltax Jupiters cost me £100 at Currys...suprisingly the cheapest part of my system. They are 5 speakers, and I havn't had any problems with them yet...I've had my Marantz SR4300 up to +10dB and it only goes to +18dB and they performed perfectly...I am very impressed actually...
    For one speaker it cost me £100 to get a 6th speaker and wires...

3. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Richer sounds have some eltax sub/sat packages for around the £100 mark, but having never heard of them before, I was a bit appehensive, might see about going to the (not so local) richer sounds store in cardiff (Im in Swansea). Bit of a drive but might be worth it.