Reccomend me a good european DVD importer so I can buy 'The Orpanage' in reg 2 DTS!

Welsh Whirlwind

Prominent Member
Reaction score
*Re-Post after no response in DVD Bargain Forum - Sorry :)*

European DVD releases in Holland, Spain etc., etc. always seem to get the superior DTS soundtracks whilst the UK is lumbered with DD5.1 and a few pointless extras on the disc like 'Photo art' instead.

Damn it winds me up!

I've been looking forward to the UK DVD release of 'the Orphanage' for a while now as it's DTS track has been quite critically acclaimed, things were looking good as the spanish rg 2 release was in DTS so I assumed that the UK would be the same, but, how wrong I was... Yet again the UK's been short changed with an inferior DD5.1 track on both editions of the release.
*EDIT* Sorry I don't mean to aggrovate a 'DTS vs. DD' debate as both formats have pro's and con's, just my personal experience leans towards DTS.(not just because it's 'Louder' either)
I could unlock my DVD player and purchase region 1 discs but this would mean I'd have to buy a one-for-all remote and follow a lengthy unlock procedure, which I am yet to do, plus it means fiddling with the service menu of the machine which scares me a little...

So in the meantime can anyone help? The only outlets I've found are a dutch site called 'Free record shop' but they are yet to stock the Orphanage, and CDWOW is only showing the UK region 2 edition of the disc anyone know of any other overseas outlets that will ship to the UK? They don't have to have the orphanage in stock, I'd just like to get a list of shops I could potentially use in the future.

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:
I work in Holland so I can certainly help you out if you wish...

Welsh Whirlwind -

May I suggest that you get a blu-ray player and watch it on blu-ray. Absolutely awesome picture and sound. Worth going over for this one title alone.
Once you do go over you won't have the same problem ever again, as the sound will always be far superior than anything on 'normal' dvd!

I work in Holland so I can certainly help you out if you wish...

Thanks Revilal I'll keep that in mind! :clap:

Welsh Whirlwind -

May I suggest that you get a blu-ray player and watch it on blu-ray. Absolutely awesome picture and sound. Worth going over for this one title alone.
Once you do go over you won't have the same problem ever again, as the sound will always be far superior than anything on 'normal' dvd!

I know Phil, I know... But the mere suggestion of parting with more cash for AV gear seriously puts my genitals in grave danger from a threat know commonly as a 'Girlfriend'. :eek:
So in the meantime I'm gonna have to stick with good'ol standard def DVD and do the best I can... :(

Incidentally can anyone help any spanish retailers that import to the UK??

Last edited:
My only useless contribution is to say that the RDRHXn70 hack isn't too painful if you have a OneForAll or can borrow one. It's just a 1,2,3,4,5 kind of thing once the codes are set up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom