• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reccomend me a 32"er

R

rhawk

Hello all.
I've bought on the strength of popular advice from this forum before and haven't been dissapointed. I'm after a 32" LCD TV, for watching my beloved ManU on ( Don't mention West Ham:mad: !!!!) Motion blur or the absence of it is my main concern. I will be watching on Sky Digital SD. Only other real concerns are viewing angles and that it has acceptable on board sound. Thanks if you can help.

rounddodger

Standard Member
I was all ready to help out then..

Why are you bothering to buy a TV? It's not like Man U are gonna win anything soon..

;)

SatDude

Established Member
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How much do you want to spend???

R

rhawk

I've got a pretty good budget, as long as it is blur free on SD. Have you anything in mind SatDude ?

SatDude

Established Member
What do you mean as SD? Ntl, sky, freeview, normal TV? Nearly all TVs are going to be a bit disappointing for SD TV. I had a look at a Philips 32” TV today, with very high refresh rates and progressive scan on SD output so that might be good for you…

cedge

Established Member

BYF

Prominent Member
I've got a pretty good budget, as long as it is blur free on SD. Have you anything in mind SatDude ?

blur free when watching football? even during camera panning?

your be lucky....

ive yet to find a blur free LCD yet.

BName

Banned
Especially watching Manu lol that will just cause an lcd tv to blur.

R

rhawk

What do you mean as SD? Ntl, sky, freeview, normal TV? Nearly all TVs are going to be a bit disappointing for SD TV. I had a look at a Philips 32” TV today, with very high refresh rates and progressive scan on SD output so that might be good for you…

It's Sky SatDude.

Prominent Member
I have a Panasonic 32" lcd and find it great for football on Sky sd. The blur, if there is any, doesn't bother me although I accept that some camera pans at speed will give blur on any tv from crt up

My experience of Sony suggests that their 32" will be good also

Either of these sets, properly set up, will give fine football watching on sd. You can, of course, buy cheaper, and I guess that if you wait till the middle of next year, faster response panels will help with blur etc

But there is always a better jobbie round the corner, that tantalising 6 months down the line...

R

rhawk

I have a Panasonic 32" lcd and find it great for football on Sky sd. The blur, if there is any, doesn't bother me although I accept that some camera pans at speed will give blur on any tv from crt up

My experience of Sony suggests that their 32" will be good also

Either of these sets, properly set up, will give fine football watching on sd. You can, of course, buy cheaper, and I guess that if you wait till the middle of next year, faster response panels will help with blur etc

But there is always a better jobbie round the corner, that tantalising 6 months down the line...

What's the model number of your Panasonic, 916 ? I agree with you about the 6 months wait for newer gear, though I'll have HD in about 6 months time anyway. Thanks.

S

Smirgelis

Have you got the above mentioned Sony Smirgelis ?

No,i have 32ga9e,but when i was looking for TV i saw this compared to the philips 9 series and this shows better,but it was too expensive for me :cool:
But it has one disadvantage - only 1 HDMI input :suicide:

Prominent Member
What's the model number of your Panasonic, 916 ? I agree with you about the 6 months wait for newer gear, though I'll have HD in about 6 months time anyway. Thanks.

TX32LXD60A. Currently around £690 on the net or reserve and collect from Currys £749

R

rhawk

Well, I've finally made my first purchase away from CRT technology. But I've done a U-turn, and instead of the 32" LCD which I sought advice for at the start of this thread, I got a Panasonic TH-37PX60 Viera Plasma !! I bought it in a local electrical store that I frequent and the salesman was good enough to give me the cabinet, the pedestal and the wall bracket home with me until I make my mind up which one I will use. It's still in the box, will be opening it tomorrow !!

deadlyledley

Established Member
Well, I've finally made my first purchase away from CRT technology. But I've done a U-turn, and instead of the 32" LCD which I sought advice for at the start of this thread, I got a Panasonic TH-37PX60 Viera Plasma !! I bought it in a local electrical store that I frequent and the salesman was good enough to give me the cabinet, the pedestal and the wall bracket home with me until I make my mind up which one I will use. It's still in the box, will be opening it tomorrow !!

Great TV. Better than any LCD for that budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom