1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recall "the 6th day & re-pet" and re-pet is actually REAL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by oxygenuk, Aug 17, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/03/0324_040324_catclones.html

quite an old article but only come accross it today.

judging by that it will be mainstream in about 10 years probably.

in about 50 years maybe we should expect human cloning, so virtually we'll never die.

but aside from all that this is some spooky **** but very interesting.

what do you guys make of it :eek: :confused: :cool: :)

2. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think that there are some seriously sad about people out there. What is the point in cloning a pet. Why can't they just accept that they're dead. I love animals & rarely have pets 'cos it cracks me up when they go - but I would never dream of cloning. Do these people expect a perfect double - looks, character traits, even some sort of 'knowledge' of who they are :suicide: Each one is unique & individual & should be valued as that.

When they first talked of cloning & Dolly was created I completely disagreed with the idea. Even then, despite the assurances of what would & wouldn't be done, it was obvious that is was the first small step, & each step after that would be a little bit easier to argue for because of what had been done previously.

Despair of what the situation may be in a few years time :(

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    And then in lies a paradox. What if you had a loved one, child etc, who could be saved by a cloned organ?

4. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    After looking up the definition of paradox, in case my understanding of it wasn't quite accurate, I don't think there is one. I don't believe in cloning. My pets have been my 'loved ones'. I wouldn't want the use of it to prolong a sick one & certainly not to try to 'resurrect' a dead one - unlike the sad, rich, :censored: who's funded so much research. From the early days of experimentation, I tried to look long term, & what I saw worried me. We will go there - as I said, one small step at a time, always pushed along by seemingly valid arguments. Once the first step was taken, each consequent step was just a little bit easier to take. First clone an organ - then a limb - sh*t we've done that, why not the whole person. Then we have an inexhaustible supply of spare parts :eek: :( :mad: :rolleyes:

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    That, most certainly, is fair enough.