Recalibration after Audyssey setup

You sound A wee bit condescending, I think you are trying to look smart. If you read my post #23 I already stated what you yourself have repeated with your last post. And no I don’t post graphs of any kind never have never will.

I was asking for advice and I got it in spades it is fine to give advice but don’t be coming all over superior.

I think it would be better of you to have read my post #23 and just left it as you are just becoming over all smart and no one likes a smart ass.

I am smart. Looks are not everything :lesson:

People asking questions are not ordinarilly dismissive of answers.

JL12W7 There was a thread started on Friday asking a similar question about checking levels with an SPL meter with some good answers, and two particularly good ones by jamieu

Digital sound pressure meter

Quick question, I've read that Audyssey say you shouldn't set the speaker levels using the AVR test tones as they bypass Audyssey but how can you set the levels without playing the test tones, I don't seem to have the option on my S760H.

Quick question, I've read that Audyssey say you shouldn't set the speaker levels using the AVR test tones as they bypass Audyssey but how can you set the levels without playing the test tones, I don't seem to have the option on my S760H.

With something like an external test disc via a Blu-ray player. You'll also need an SPL Meter.

To be fair, Audyssey usually gets the levels pretty much spot on. It's generally the subwoofer level that people tweak to their taste.

With something like an external test disc via a Blu-ray player. You'll also need an SPL Meter.

To be fair, Audyssey usually gets the levels pretty much spot on. It's generally the subwoofer level that people tweak to their taste.
Thanks, I know how to do it on my old Sony and Onkyo models and I've got an SPL meter but on the new Denon when you go to alter the levels there's only two options which are START TEST TONES and RESET TO DEFAULT.

There's seemingly no way to access the level settings without playing the tones, unless I'm being a moron and missing something obvious.

Thanks, I know how to do it on my old Sony and Onkyo models and I've got an SPL meter but on the new Denon when you go to alter the levels there's only two options which are START TEST TONES and RESET TO DEFAULT.

There's seemingly no way to access the level settings without playing the tones, unless I'm being a moron and missing something obvious.

That's where you'd adjust them in the Denon if you wanted to adjust them globally for all Modes and Inputs.

The other way would be to press the Options button on the remote and a Channel Level option should be available. That would only affect the current Input/Mode though.

That's where you'd adjust them in the Denon if you wanted to adjust them globally for all Modes and Inputs.

The other way would be to press the Options button on the remote and a Channel Level option should be available. That would only affect the current Input/Mode though.
I wondered why.that was there but weirdly enough it only allows adjustment to L/C/R & SL/SR and not Atmos speakers....🤷‍♂️

I wondered why.that was there but weirdly enough it only allows adjustment to L/C/R & SL/SR and not Atmos speakers....🤷‍♂️
If you press the Option button while playing Atmos content then level adjustments for all speakers will show.

If you press the Option button while playing Atmos content then level adjustments for all speakers will show.
Ah ok, makes sense but now I need to get my hands on Atmos test tones, any ideas....?

Is it possible to specify which speaker a Dynaudio file plays to? Otherwise, anyone have any specific recommendations on a Dolby Atmos test disc that can play pink noise to a chosen speaker? I have an old Dolby Atmos test disc, but the box says that the tones are only for testing speaker connectivity and not for calibration.

While by definition changing the level is bypassing Audyssey. Now that not necessarily a bad thing, but it comes down to how good your spl is. Further the spl can’t tell you correct distance.

I have managed with measurement and a good spl to get good results which to my ear were better than audyssey

Is it possible to specify which speaker a Dynaudio file plays to? Otherwise, anyone have any specific recommendations on a Dolby Atmos test disc that can play pink noise to a chosen speaker? I have an old Dolby Atmos test disc, but the box says that the tones are only for testing speaker connectivity and not for calibration.

On the calibration discs I have you can select which speaker you want to measure but they're not Atmos, they're only 5.1/6.1/7.1.

Spears & Munsil are working on an update to their UHD HDR Benchmark disc which will include Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Test Tones. It's not out yet unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom