Rec Room

Received this email:

Hey Rec Room Member!

This week we shipped an all new game mode for Rec Room. It’s called “Quest for the Golden Trophy!”
  • Four player co - op dungeon crawling
  • Swords, shields, bow and crossbows!
  • Unlock special avatar items by completing Quest!
Come give it a try, and let us know what you think!

-Against Gravity

Quest for the Golden Trophy is very good! Much like a 4 player Vanishing Realms. Hard though, I had a pretty good group playing cooperatively and we couldn't finish it. Seems like there is a couple of hours of content though you'll restart a lot, so much more gameplay.

A very impressive game to give away for free. When are these guys gonna try and make some money?

More new content...

New Paintball Map: "Clearcut" - The Rec Room crews are hard at work on new construction, but they're taking a break so you can enjoy some paintball with your friends. This map features thick, early morning fog and limited sightlines for lots of intense mid-range splatting!

New Paintball Gun: the Burst Rifle - Speaking of mid-range... be sure to check out the all-new Burst Gun! Hold down the trigger for a burst of up to five paintballs. Each paintball kicks the gun up slightly, so it takes some practice to keep your aim steady.

Still not finished Quest for the Golden Trophy. Working away and a new born is really eating into my VR time :(

Cancelled flight means I'm not working away this week, so I managed a couple hours of Rec Room last night. New Paintball map is good, quite foggy and atmospheric. A lot more obstacles so felt less open than the others. I enjoyed it.

There's a new, badly needed, disc golf map, though I didn't get round to trying it. Will do though, do like some Disc Golf.

I did try and complete some of my daily challenges but couldn't find any opponents for dodge-ball and only one game of paddle-ball before I lost patience waiting. Other games and the locker room seemed busy though. And plenty of people playing charades (???). One chap was moaning like a baby that I was guessing before he had chance to finish... its not f:censored:king tilt brush o_O

This has had some big updates recently. New menu and dorm room, a new co-op disc golf game (not yet tried) and a new sci-fi style quest. And still completely free! Still well populated when I tried it.

Another new quest, something about a cauldron. I've still never finished the previous two quests.

I got to the end of the Jumbotron one yesterday, great fun! Didn't manage to defeat Jumbotron though, we were all taken out in quick succession :(

Still the best social VR experience IMO.

The weapons in jumbotron feel fantastic, love the reload action. The laser shotgun is a personal favourite :D

I hope these guys figure out how to make money sometime soon. Just for the sustainability of the game.

I hope these guys figure out how to make money sometime soon. Just for the sustainability of the game.
I'd gladly pay a nominal subscription or purchase this game at a decent price.

I suspect they're building it up to be an advertising platform at some point though.

More new content...

Still not finished Quest for the Golden Trophy. Working away and a new born is really eating into my VR time :(

congrats... and i feel your pain. mine is at 20 months now and still dont get to game as much as i would like.

worth it tho........ most of the time ;)

congrats... and i feel your pain. mine is at 20 months now and still dont get to game as much as i would like.

worth it tho........ most of the time ;)

Thanks, but a little late. He (my second, first is coming up 4) is 8 months old now... and I've had the snip!

Gaming time has returned somewhat now I work away much less and he sleeps to a more regular pattern. Though teething is the current challenge.

lol sorry i totally missed the date, i got lost in the thread!.

I've worked out what it is that bothers me now in games not built with touch in mind, it's the grip button. On the touch it just feels natural to hold the grip button to pick things up and then let go when you want to drop it.

However in the ones made with Vive in mind you use the trigger and then have to confirm that you want to use the item before it then becomes activated for shooting. It is super annoying and unnatural to me and slows everything down, I can see why Vive users wouldn't be bothered as the grip button on the wands is terrible for being used in the same way as on touch but really why are there not completely custom controls to let people decide?!

On another note I managed to injure myself on the weekend playing 3hrs of Dead & Buried, think all the crouching on my back foot pulled a tendon :blush:.

Cause no-one cares about Facebook fanboys except those developers that were paid to care :rotfl:
Surely you want custom controls too though to change button mapping and what not. Plus when the knuckle controllers and any future controllers release the same issues will befall you too :p, it's not very future proofed for a medium so fluid right now.

Yeah, I must admit the grip buttons on the Vive controllers are not fantastic, and the trigger is not that intuitive judging from friends playing stuff like the Lab. However for the current Vive controllers, squeezing the trigger beats having to continually death-grip the wand to hold onto things - that gets tiring within minutes.

I'm sure once the Knuckles are released, devs will want to support them and will probably update the Oculus control scheme as well rather than rely on the default, especially as the Rift has gained some major ground on Steam.

Joined a game in progress but did manage to finish quest for the golden trophy last night :)

And it's got me hungry for more. Meeting my bro at 8pm tonight. Would love a couple more AVFers for some Rec Room questing!

A good distraction from Gallery Ep 2. I wanna wait for Knuckles.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom