Rebuilding my HCPC (on a budget) advice needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dUnKle, Apr 30, 2007.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    Awhile back I had a go at building a HCPC - however for one reason or another I used it a couple of times and then never bothered again

Anyway - im off next week, its also my birthday next week and having spent 6 months sorting new house out fancy a little project for myself

So .....

Can anyone give me tips on how to get my HCPC back up and running - up todate and running well ?

The basics of the PC as it stands are

2.5GHz Pentium CPU (P4 I think - its about 4 years old anyway)
    An Nvidia 6600GT Graphics Card
    A Sounblaster Audigy Souncard
    and 1024MB of Ram

Firstly the case - I need a new one - nothing overly impressive but someting thats going to look the place among other HC gear - also tower case would be prefered but not essential.

Secondly - Making the thing quiet. What so I need ? never understood all this quietening stuff and dont want to go down the water cooled route or similar. Just could do with an idea on what is a cheap and quiet CPU fan and the like - also a quiet PSU would be ideal

Also - if anyone could point me in a direction of these products on ebay (or somewhere that takes paypal) I would be most grateful

Cheers

Dunk