Reassurance needed with Sagem Sagem HD-D45H G4-T

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Zarniwoop_, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Zarniwoop_

Zarniwoop_

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After many hours of deliberating and reading reviews, I had decided that this bad boy has the best size/image quality/cost ratio.

I went in to John Lewis (Bluewater) to have a look at one in the flesh and to say I was unpleasantly surprised would me a major understatement!

All the reviews I have read have complimented the image quality and said that in many cases it matches or surpasses the majority of LCD/plasma panels. However, the image produced by the Sagem in John Lewis was horrendous! They had it running with a standard definition feed (BBC1) and the image had loads of blocky artifacts. There was also very noticable colour banding on peoples faces. Even the text in the credits at the end of the program were covered in artifacts and the edges of the text was 'shimmering' noticebly.

Now I am fully aware that TVs in shops like this are often badly set up and can have poor quality feeds (which could account for the fact that the image contrast and brightness was way off), but a 43 inch Pioneer plasma TV next to it was being fed the same signal and was producing a far superior image with none of the same faults.

Was this just a duff example? Can any owners of this TV reassure me that this was not representative of this otherwise highly commended model?

I am a bit gutted as I really thought I had finally narrowed it down to one model!

Thanks

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Be assured, the Sagems can produce a stunning picture - I've seen the same feed problems in Comet, Currys etc where adjacent sets have very different pictures. Likely bad cabling or something rather than the set itself.

If in doubt buy it over the internet so you can return it if need be within 7 days or (better still) ask John Lewis if they will agree to a 7 day return if not happy senario.
    Paul

3. mxdshf

mxdshf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have seen all the new HD TVs displayed at Comet and Curry’s stores but the Sagem Axium HD45H is the best.

Humming sound is very minor, If you set the TV to a higher Volume say above 25, then you will not hear the humming sound.

DVBT Initialising problem. You can SET NETWORK ACTIVITIES to NO and it will solves the problem. (Still testing)

These are very minor problems.

Go for it mate!