1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reassurance before taking the plunge!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by onlyme, Dec 24, 2003.

1. onlyme

onlyme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m a total novice when it comes to home cinema but after reading through the forums I’m on the verge of ‘taking a leap of faith’ and buying a Panasonic SCHT900 (to match a TX32PS1 TV I just bought) which has got some favourable reviews on this site. But before I do, just a couple of questions to make sure I’m not missing something better

1. The Panasonic 900 comes with a 5 disk changer which to be honest I don’t really need and reviews say it’s a fairly large and ugly unit.
    2. Review only gave it 80% (What Home Cinema 11/03) which nearly put me off completely until I read some favourable stuff in here. Goes on to talk about Progressive scan only works with NTSC Disks , DVD audio playback only limited bandwidth and poor sound performance - whats that all about?
    3. Should I be considering a separates option – which scares me quite frankly!

Suggestions for alternative solutions would be much appreciated based on the SCHT900 will cost me £388.49. Many thanks

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Either of the Pioneer 99 models or perhaps the Jamo. Also JVC THA-75Rs are going quite cheap at the moment.