Reassign 7.1 outputs?

richmeister

Standard Member
Hello all!

can anyone help me find: want to buy a 7.1 preamp.

What i want to do is output video to both a tv on one side of the room, and a projector on the other side, using two centre speakers (thus a 8.1 setup).

do preamps and receivers feature an option allowing to inverse the outputs (the right channels on the left, the front on the back) in order to switch from one side of the room to the other ?

Thanks for helping!

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
It isn't a common feature on PreAmps, that is for sure (I don't know of any). I believe you can do that with the Trinnov Room EQ devices but they are quite expensive. ADA do a range with different numbers of channels called the TEQ 8, 12 etc. IIRC they are £10k +

Ok, found this on AVS RE pricing:

TEQ-12 $15,999
TEQ-8 $12,999
TEQ-4 $9,999

TAP Microphone (Tetrahedral Acoustic Probe) - $799 (the all-metal one)
Each TAP is individually calibrated referenced to its serial number. The calibration file is loaded by Trinnov into the respective TEQs. Simply connect the TEQ to a network and it phones home.

Adam :)

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I am not aware of the existence of any preamp with this feature. I also wasn't aware that the Trinnov EQ offered such a feature, but AngelEyes is much better informed on ADA's product versions.

I'd suggest using 4 Beresford TC-7220's (or three of these plus one A/B selector for the centre). At £60 each, the total cost is a little less than the Trinnov, but of course you will need to do more than just make one simple selection using such a technique. If you have elementary soldering and metal-working, you could just make your own from commercially available variable-gang switches.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I am not aware of the existence of any preamp with this feature. I also wasn't aware that the Trinnov EQ offered such a feature, but AngelEyes is much better informed on ADA's product versions.

To be fair I have not had the full TEQ functionality explained to me but I know the Trinnov can for instance rotate the soundstage so you can switch between a projector on one wall, to a Plasma on another, using the same set of speakers. I assume this works as well for 180 degrees as 90 but it would be best to ask someone like Neil or Graham from Genesis Technologies to get the full answer.

Adam :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom