Reasonably priced/qulaity SCART to SCART leads?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by swin70, Mar 3, 2005.

1. swin70

swin70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all,

I aa looking for some straight forward reasonably priced SCART to SCART leads, fully wired. Thinking of IXOS (but posisble a bit expensive), QED (a little cheaper) or Thor (avoiding Monster like the plague as I think they are out to rip you off) of the named brands. Even looking at the no name cheap leads from www.cableuniverse.co.uk - has anyone had experience of these?

These will only be short runs - 1m max but possibly 0.5 m. What about flat leads?

I am wanting to buy 4 or 5 leads so really £30 a lead is a bit too much, and I havn't got the best of kit as yet.

Any thoughts and cheap places to buy?

Cheers.

2. swin70

swin70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If anyone else sees this thread and is looking for a similar answer, then I have plumped for some flat non-branded SCART to SCART leads at http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SC001.html. A £5.99 each, fully screened with metal connectors it can't be bad if, like myself, you need a few leads and don't necassarily have the topmost kit to connect together. If I upgrade the kit, I will probably upgrade the leads.

I did also go to Cabel Universe but although they where quick to respond to my question ("are there products individually screened"), they seemed a little confused about what they sold. First the products wheren't fully screened, then they where, then they failed to clear up the confusion. Oh well.

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    ASDA, 99p each

4. swin70

swin70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    What's the quality like? Do they individually screenied cables?

I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality lead but I can't stretch to £30 a lead just yet as I need 5 of them.