• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reasonably priced car....

redwinnie

Gutted to find that non of the top gear reasonably priced cars are in the game. What are people using as a replacement for time trialling with friends?

Yes I have been sad and brought a sheet of stainless steel and make some time cards to go on it.

There are very few none sporty basic cars in the game. I have found a boring 1.4 corsa but think I'll have to go with a prius seeing how much they like them on the show.

Last edited:

Adcook

Distinguished Member
We have a lap times board for our clan and have chosen a Honda Jazz

gettingannoyed

Standard Member
Where should I find the Top Gear Test track in Time Trial mode? I've only got the 'basic' game. Do I need to unlock it first? Haven't started 'properly' playing it yet but fancied a quick go on Time Trial before heading back out to work.

TIA

Tazbot

Distinguished Member
Where should I find the Top Gear Test track in Time Trial mode? I've only got the 'basic' game. Do I need to unlock it first? Haven't started 'properly' playing it yet but fancied a quick go on Time Trial before heading back out to work.

TIA

Ha trying to beat The Stigg I see :nono:

dantheram

Standard Member
Gutted to find that none of the top gear reasonably priced cars are in the game. What are people using as a replacement for time trialling with friends?

Yes I have been sad and brought a sheet of stainless steel and make some time cards to go on it.

There are very few none sporty basic cars in the game. I have found a boring 1.4 corsa but think I'll have to go with a prius seeing how much they like them on the show.

pay for the top gear licence and then FAIL to include the 'reasonably priced car', why?

redwinnie

You need to win the top gear level 4 event that comes up under special events. Be warned its not easy in a vw camper van.

TIA

PaulC2K

The VW Camper challenge isnt that hard IMO, you just need to be clean and then make sure you dont try forcing the AI to take a specific line (then moan cos he spun you) and most importantly - sliptream as much as possible.
I was right behind the leader crossing the line on the first lap, could have possibly made a clean lunge if need be.

If you think thats hard though, challenge 2... my word! Managing a lap is hard enough, but i'll leave the specifics out for you all to fear till you come to them :smashin:

As for why isnt there a 'reasonably priced car', how about because neither the BBC or Top Gear own the license to those cars? PD bought the license to use the shows name and test track, for one of the 3 RPCs they'd have to go to those companies. The Liana wasnt in GT4 so wouldnt be in the used section, the Lacetti used wasnt in production till a few years back, and neither Daewoo (Lacetti) or Kia (Cee'd) is even in GT5 for whatever reason. Not sure what the difference is between Chevy and Daewoo Lacetti, but i think the chevy is a rebadge?

jimjam11211

Question for you guys that have the game. How much does a Ford KA Cost? Think I might go for one of them. :D Cheers.

redwinnie

Question for you guys that have the game. How much does a Ford KA Cost? Think I might go for one of them. :D Cheers.

No ka in the game. After discussion with friends who are coming round tonight. We have decided to go with the prius, it is mentioned on top gear rather a lot. Not sure its reasonably priced though.

Perhaps one if the real cars could be DLC. Lots of people woulda for that pack.

jimjam11211

No ka in the game. After discussion with friends who are coming round tonight. We have decided to go with the prius, it is mentioned on top gear rather a lot. Not sure its reasonably priced though.

Perhaps one if the real cars could be DLC. Lots of people woulda for that pack.

Oh well, I can dream for it to come as DLC :rolleyes:

PaulC2K

Oh well, I can dream for it to come as DLC :rolleyes:

220. S Ford Ka ‘01
:smashin:

Downside is that you'll have to keep checking the 2nd hand market to see if it appears on there, theres about 20 cars at a time, so ~800 into 20 per day (race day) makes it hard to get the car you want straight away.

Kinetic Frenzy

pay for the top gear licence and then FAIL to include the 'reasonably priced car', why?

see my post eailer. East vs West. PD live in a bubble, it's what makes the game incredibly brilliant and incredibly 'amateur' (by our cultural standards) at the same time.

jimjam11211

220. S Ford Ka ‘01
:smashin:

Downside is that you'll have to keep checking the 2nd hand market to see if it appears on there, theres about 20 cars at a time, so ~800 into 20 per day (race day) makes it hard to get the car you want straight away.

Cheers Paul :smashin:

gettingannoyed

Standard Member
Thanks chaps, seriously I have been waiting for this game for years and it was the primary reason for wanting a PS3 and on the launch day I have a curry night with the 'boys'!! Time to fire up the DFGT and start the career - whoop whoop

GMC79

Distinguished Member
What made me chuckle slightly was when i first went into the Used Car garage, the info bit popped up as it does for a lot of first visits to sections and said "here's where you find a selection of reasonably priced cars" :laugh: (or something similar) :laugh:
Really should have made an effort to put the lacetti and liana in there, even at the expense of a bunch of the more pointless standard cars.

The_Wierd

The VW Camper challenge isnt that hard IMO, you just need to be clean and then make sure you dont try forcing the AI to take a specific line (then moan cos he spun you) and most importantly - sliptream as much as possible.

Then you are a lot better than me, been trying to win this all night, haven't managed better than fifth!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom