Reasonable

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Welshman, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Welshman

Welshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone let me know if there is a reasonably priced DVD RAM recorder that I can also hook my PC up to and record movies/mp3s to. If anyone has done this could they let me know how long it takes to burn about 4.7gb disk.

Cheers

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,898
    Do you mean a PC DVD-RAM burner? Have a look at the LG4120 multi-format drive. Speed depends on what type of media you use, i.e. 2x, 3x, 5x

3. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 4120B is a good choice in my opinion if u need dvd-ram burning and other needs. However if u are really into dvd-ram, i suggest u go for a panasonic dvd-ram drive because it supports disc in caddies and the dvd-ram driver included can check for dust and so on. Moreover it supports the feature that can take away the verify feature on dvd-ram burning. Very impressive. As for now i still cant find any 5x media, hope they will be out soon. If anyone knows where to get it, please let me know.

4. Welshman

Welshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry chaps, i meant a standalone dvd recorder (ie for sky etc) Are there resonably priced ones that can copy stuff from your pc via a specific connection. Ive heard the Panasonic DMR E55 is decent, does it have this facility?

5. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To my knowledge, there dont seem to be a way to transfer data from pc to the standalone player directly. Heard that the DMRE500 got a LAN cable port so it maybe can?