Question Reasonable asking price for Sony VPL-HW40ES with two brand new lamps

BillTheButcher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Back in December 2014 I bought a Sony VPL-HW40ES via this forum. Since then I've moved house and the projector just isn't being used any more so I'm putting it up for sale.

The original lamp has about 1,500 hours on it (I forgot to note the exact hours before boxing it up but I will confirm this). It's been run in Lamp Control Low mode since I bought it, as per the settings in this thread: Sony VPL-HW40ES Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings I believe the lamp should have about 3,000 hours of life in this mode. I also have two boxed Sony original LMP-H202 replacement lamps to sell with it.

After checking the usual selling sites I thought £1,250 was a fair price for the whole lot. I'd appreciate any advice about whether this seems reasonable.

Many thanks. :)

I'd say ~£700 with hours and no warranty, eBay you may get 10-15% more but then you'll pay 10-13.5% fees

If the PJ does not desperately need a lamp, I'd sell them separately. If the one you have has flicker issues I'd include it. I read somewhere that in general most PJ's should only really last two lamps, i.e. the original plus a replacement.

Thanks.

As above, I've always run it in Lamp Control Low mode (not to preserve the lamp but because IMO the IQ is better) so I would say the original lamp has about 50% life left.

Maybe just a nice point of negotiation then, maybe ask a bit more and offer the bulb etc and be prepared to haggle a bit

Hi,
How much would you like to get for one of the lamps are they genuine ones in sealed box?
Thanks

Hi,
How much would you like to get for one of the lamps are they genuine ones in sealed box?
Thanks
Hello. I'm not sure. I'd anticipated selling the projector and the lamps together. I'll ask around and get back to you. Yes, they are genuine OEM lamps in sealed boxes.

If you do decide to sell via the forums then please use the classifieds section and not the main forum, thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom