Reason To Take Xbox Back?

G

Gadz

Hi all,

Everytime i turn my xbox off it makes a weird noise. . Do you think I should take it back to the shop and get a new console ( if they would, not sure yet.) or just leave it and see if it dies i mean if it doesnt die do you think i shud take it back. I mean it plays games, and works in perfect order apart from this noise. I would like a few views to see what you guys think i should do. Here is the video and turn your sound right up and listen to that "murrr" sound when i press the power button to turn off the console. What do you guys think

Video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cGgZ_xLS4ZI

Sounds like the dvd winding down...mine sounds pretty much the same, and touch wood, has been ok for 8 months.

I dont think a retailer would offer a replacement just because of the sound your console makes when its turned off, as celticdaz says its probably just the DVD winding down. I wouldnt worry about it......

Mine does that only louder. Makes me cringe every time. It sounds like something is wrong but until it stops working just carry on using it

Thats nothing compared to the sound mine makes when i quit back to the dashboard from playing a game it makes a real grinding sound. And as above though it still seems to work and will keep using it til/if it finally brakes.

If you are not happy with the 360 and you have not long purchased it, I would take it back and get a replacement. After all, if you bought a car and the engine was knocking, you'd soon take it back to the dealer, why should this be any different?

Hi all,

Everytime i turn my xbox off it makes a weird noise. . Do you think I should take it back to the shop and get a new console ( if they would, not sure yet.) or just leave it and see if it dies i mean if it doesnt die do you think i shud take it back. I mean it plays games, and works in perfect order apart from this noise. I would like a few views to see what you guys think i should do. Here is the video and turn your sound right up and listen to that "murrr" sound when i press the power button to turn off the console. What do you guys think

Video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cGgZ_xLS4ZI

It's absolutely nothing to worry about; definitely not a reason to take your XBOX back ;)

I can almost say with certainty that the "murrr sound" your console makes is the same as one of mine - it's just the fans rapidly spinning down... Funnily enough, the console in the video produces the same general ambient noise as mine too, which makes me think our consoles may contain the same brand of fan.

SUNON 'MagLev' are the fans in my Core (you can check by looking in the vent at the rear).

Delta Electronic 'Brushless' fans are those used in my Premium - which, incidentally makes neither the fan spinning down noise or generates anywhere near the same amount of general ambient noise as my Core.

You have to remember that the XBOX is assembled by at least 2 different manufacturers in China, so components such as DVD drives, fans, the plastics they use will vary.

Yeah i think its the SUnon or whatever it is. I mean i got a premium and got a core fan is this a mistakje by manufactures or is this fine? do you think other premium consoles have this fan or? what shall I do.

Many thanks Gadz.

I mean i got a premium and got a core fan is this a mistakje by manufactures or is this fine?

The main difference between the Core and the Premium is the fact that the Premium has a 20Gb hard drive. If you bought the Premium and got home to find that it was a Core then you would have a problem. The advertising doesn't state what fan your Premium or Core should or shouldn't come with and so you should really expect to get one type of fan over another.

However, there's no harm in going back to the shop and asking them if they'll replace it for you. The worst that could happen is they'll say no. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom