Rears..

M3G4

Hey all,

As part of my AV setup I've got some beefy sony bookshelf speakers as the fronts and some kickass M70's as rears.

However, as rears I feel that the M70's are being wasted, and using them as fronts is just asking to much of the poor things. Would I miss much by using my old Yamaha NSP110 rear satellites for the rears and instead using the M70's as a sound solution for my PC?

Cheers :D

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
The M70's are designed for rear use as they direct sound all round, whereas the the fronts are more directional. The M70's are not really designed for front usage.

mugsy

Andy98765 said:
The M70's are designed for rear use as they direct sound all round, whereas the the fronts are more directional. The M70's are not really designed for front usage.

The M70's are standard 2-way bookshelf speakers. I think you are confusing them with the M7DS which are dedicated surround speakers ;)

M3G4 - I would give the Yamaha's a try and if you are happy with the sound keep it that way :thumbsup:

M3G4

mugsy said:
The M70's are standard 2-way bookshelf speakers. I think you are confusing them with the M7DS which are dedicated surround speakers ;)

M3G4 - I would give the Yamaha's a try and if you are happy with the sound keep it that way :thumbsup:

Yeah, just tried the old Yammy's on rear duties. They're not as deep as the missions obviously, but for rear effects they're fine. The Missions perform very well when fed the right music... got them plugged into the PC now (via and old philips amp), they're very capable speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom