1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearly good value??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Simon78, May 5, 2005.

1. Simon78

Simon78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys - I am just sitting here considering my next move in the progress towards a home cinema room and would welcome your opinions.

I have decdied to put a projector in the sitting room for film nights curled up in front of the fire - well ok maybe not in the summer but go with it!

I have purchased from some friends on the forum an Audiovector Centre, and a couple of Linn Keilidhs for the front. The Amp is on its way from another member - the denon 3803. I will almost exclusively be using the kit to watch DVDs through (for the time being) one of the new Samsung players with the DVi HDMI output (don't believe I know what I am talking about they are just some letters I remembered).

I was looking for a couple of Linn Kans MkI or II to go at the back but people are paying silly money for them - What should I look at for a reasonable priced pair of ok speakers??

Just to complete the picture for you there should be a sub Paradigm 1000 and then the PJ will most likely be the BenQ high def thing there is all the fuss about at the mo - PE7700.

Your thougths would be most welcome. (surely the Pun in the title is worth some response - took me minutes to think of that!!!

Simon

2. Simon78

Simon78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas at all?

3. t1nt1n

t1nt1n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, try audio review websites and see if the Kans have a natural similarity to any speakers from another company.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As your system will be primarily for music I wouldn't worry too much about matching the rears to the fronts as it is far more important for multichannel music than films.

I haven't a clue what the Linn's sound like so can't advise on even a close match.