Rear surround speakers for 7.1 - which to buy?

Blarge

Standard Member
I'm new to the forum as well as being new to decent quality home audio. I just re-arranged my furinture and realized i have space rear surround to make a 7.1 system. My current setup is 5.1 using a onkyo tx-nr3007, polk rti-12 fronts, polk csi-a6 center, polk fxi-a6 surrounds (set to dipole), and am awaiting an Epic empire subwwofer. This is my living room and not a dedicated theatre room so it is used for everything including Tv, movies, gaming, and music.

My currnt thoughts are to get a pair of directional speakers rather than getting another set of the fxi-a6's and using them in bipole mode. I dont want to cheap out but i dont want to spend the extra cash if not needed. I am looking at polk rti-a3 or the older rti-6 that are still readily available at discounted prices. I already kind of regret getting the rti-12 fronts as they were old news before i got them, but they seem to sound fine with current rti line. Also is a larger woofer necessary for rear surrounds? Any addvice will be much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom