Rear surround speaker suggestions

KobeoneHD2

Good morning all,

Have just installed a pair of Q Acoustic ceiling speakers and updating my LCR speakers to QA 3020 and QA 3090C. I am now looking to upgrade my rear surrounds. The issue I have is that my sofa (MLP) is against the wall where the speakers are to be mounted. I ideally would like something discrete but will look at considerations. The tweeter also needs to point to the MLP (Bi Pole)

Thanks in advance

Marshall Mike

You haven't given a budget, but these are a popular choice:

If looking for something a little cheaper then there's the Bronze version to consider:

gibbsy

If you have a Denon X2600 (if signature is up to date) then you cannot have rear surrounds if you already have two ceiling speakers for Atmos, you are limited to 5.1.2. The Atmos speakers need to be connected to the rear surround terminals. In any case having rear surrounds when the seating is against a rear wall means having the surrounds too close or just in front of the seating, so not ideal. Stick with 5.1.2.

KobeoneHD2

If you have a Denon X2600 (if signature is up to date) then you cannot have rear surrounds if you already have two ceiling speakers for Atmos, you are limited to 5.1.2. The Atmos speakers need to be connected to the rear surround terminals. In any case having rear surrounds when the seating is against a rear wall means having the surrounds too close or just in front of the seating, so not ideal. Stick with 5.1.2.
I have a 5.1.2 set up… it’s the rears I’m looking to upgrade as I don’t have side surrounds.

KobeoneHD2

You haven't given a budget, but these are a popular choice:

If looking for something a little cheaper then there's the Bronze version to consider:

Good shout on these…. I have looked at them already so maybe a visit to Richer Sounds this weekend

gibbsy

The X2600 doesn't support side surrounds, only surrounds and rear surrounds. The rear surrounds are the ones needed for Atmos. I think you're confused by the terminology. What you have is front left, centre, front right, two surrounds, two Atmos (which occupy the back surround terminals). You must be look at surrounds, not rear surrounds and you need to edit your thread title to reflect that.

D_X2600H_gallery_3-EU.png

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you are using a speaker system with Atmos, not everyone enjoys using effect speakers like FX speakers as they are not as focused due to the way they work. This however doesn't mean you will not enjoy them as everyone is different and enjoys different aspects of their system

So, if you are looking for a wall mounted option which works more like a bookshelf speaker which keeps the focused sound of Atmos key, then maybe the Dali Oberon on-wall speakers

As @gibbsy has mentioned, if you was looking to add these speakers to a 5.1.2 setup, you have sadly run out of speaker terminations whereas you have mentioned that you are looking at just upgrading your old Q Acoustics Q-AV speakers which is certainly a good idea. With this in mind, almost any speakers which fit to the wall will be a significate step up in perfromance levels

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I would also second recommendation for bipole speakers, but also try tripole also. There aren't many models of bipoles but Google search bipole speakers and see what exists.

Definitive technology made a few I'm using bp-2x

KobeoneHD2

I would also second recommendation for bipole speakers, but also try tripole also. There aren't many models of bipoles but Google search bipole speakers and see what exists.

Definitive technology made a few I'm using bp-2x
I think bi poles are the way to go…. Probably Monitor Audio silver Fx speakers so thanks for your input

rpr

I use Polk bipoles as side and rear speakers and are very happy with them.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
What’s your budget? Xtz s5 are good, if you can spend more you can get better. I have arendal 1723 surrounds and they’re amazing. Without mentioning budget it’s hard to recommend anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom