1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Surround Sound speaker trouble

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Natty Light, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Natty Light

Natty Light

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.

I have this weird problem with my DVD Home Theater. First things first, here is the product:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/glo...S&subCatId=DVDHOMETHEATER&productId=MX1055_17

The issue here is when I goto the system menu, select "Speakers" then "Volume" each speaker produces a crowd like noise so you can adjust the speaker volume level. Well, when the three front speakers are selected, each one produces the crowd noise and the volume can be raised or lowered. When the rear speakers are selected however, no crowd noise comes out.

Now in most DVD movies, I have full surround sound, hell, I even jumped out of my seat by a gunshot that came out of the left rear today. On Television movies that feature "Dolby Digital" or "Surround Sound" logos, I get something, even if it's basic noise that blends with the other normal on screen actions that are coming out of the three front, coming out of the rear speakers for maybe five minutes, then it quits to a low "hissing" sound. The same goes for my X-box, I have full support for a game then it all of a sudden dies and there's nothing coming out of the rear speakers.

I wrote the company and they said I need to send it back to the them because it sounds like an internal problem. But how could that be if I get full support during DVDs? Is it because this system only has surround sound for DVD movies maybe? It does have a built in player.

Any help would be useful.. so thanks in advance.

- Rein

2. Natty Light

Natty Light

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does "Bumping" work here? Guess we'll find out.

ANY help... someone tell me to turn a knob or something :D

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Hi

Sounds like it´s faulty, send it back for repair or get them to exchange it for a new one if it´s under guarantee.