Rear Speakers

Chewbacca

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a little help

I am looking for a good pair of rear speakers my old ones are past they best but I am unsure what to buy.

Dipole are out of the question because I have not the space to postion them on the side walls.

My front speakers are B&W 601 any ideas would be of great benifit please.

My price range is £500.:)

How about the B&W 600s? They really are substantially smaller than the 601s and can be wall-mounted.

If you have £500 and 6.1/7.1 capability, maybe get four. :D

MuFu.

Or perhaps do what I am doing and move the 601s to the back and buy some new fronts 603s

see 'what size B&W speakers' thread for more

603s are £599. As with most B&W speakers they don't appear to get discounted or put in the slaes that often. Sevenoakes are offering £70 worth of cabling with them so that may be of use. I have been told but have no experience that the 604s are not a good speaker unless your room is absolutely massive

Hi

Do you have a sub and what centre speaker are you using?

Gus

B&W make a pair of matching tripoles. £400 new. You didn't say if the back wall is available.

They're made of plastic though....

Nathan

Hello they

My centre speaker is a B&W CC6 and I have been using a Monitor Audio asw210 sub but at the moment I am using a REL Quake My room is quite small.

I do have room on My back wall for speakers.

Can you use tripole rears on the back wall?:)

Originally posted by nathan_silly
B&W make a pair of matching tripoles. £400 new. You didn't say if the back wall is available.

They're made of plastic though....

Nathan

Didn't realise B&W did tripoles - what model number are they?

Their website doesn't seem to mention any tripoles as part of the 600 S3 range.

Matt.

I don't think they had a 6xx previx. If I remember (could be wrong on sizes) they had two x 2" midrange about 15-cm apart, and a 3" black woofer facing forwards.

They didn't have a tweeter though.

My local shop had a pair for £150- think new £400, I did have a 601 front and CC6 centre, but the build quality -all plastic- and lack of tweeter put me off.

I'm pretty sure they are THX.

Oh if the magazines read these forums- in the reviews they never said of the plastic build quality. I didn't know until I saw them.

Anyone here remember the model name?

hmmm. they're dipoles. Thought the front facing driver was to make it a tripole. Oh well..

DS6 were discontinued last year. I have been trying to get some but can't find any where that has them left.

Yeah looked at the Ds6 a couple of years ago but if my memory serves me right the dipole speaker arangement does not suit rear wall mounting.

Going to have a look at a pair of 603's next week end and go from their.

I will possible put My 601's on the back wall.
Just one thing though will My centre cc6 be ok with the 603's:cool:

Can you convert dipoles to bipoles and vice versa? If all you need to do is reverse the phase on the back-firing side then could convert then DS6's to bipoles easily...

Chewbacca

I would look into getting the LCR600 centre as it is a better match for the 603's.

I am looking for a pair of DS6's, if anyone knows where I could get a pair would appreciate it - new or 2nd hand. Tried www.ex-dem.co.uk etc but the ones listed are gone.

Cheers

Gus

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom