• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

rear speakers very soft

formfactor

Standard Member
i have a little problem.

I have a sony dn1000 receiver with 5.0 sony base reflex speakers and a 42" sony lcd full hd tv.

i have the 2 rear speakers mounted up on he wall behind me.

however, the sound coming from them is really really soft.

i can go into the settings for the receiver and can adjust the "db" of each speaker.

must i put the "db" to the max on the rear speakers?

i have tried using the auto calibration tool but it does not make the rear speakers any louder.

the receiver does show that all 5 speakers are being used but you can barely hear the rear ones.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The rears should not be too loud anyway. They are designed to give background sounds and hence should not be able to be located behind you. They will be quiet but then they are supposed to be quiet. The rears will generally take less than 10% of the total sound output. If you do want them louder then there is no issue with turn the gain on them up within the amp.

formfactor

Standard Member
would i make them louder by increasing there respective decibel count in the receiver settings?

i think the max for each speaker is +10 db

thanks for your reply! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom