1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speakers - good cables needed?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MRW, Jan 2, 2003.

1. MRW

MRW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

I have had by Videologic Digitheatre DTS for a couple of months, and recently had to hide the wires to the rear speakers under the carpet etc (as the missus was moaning!) but the original cables that came with the system were not long enough.

So out I went and bought some cheap speaker cable and used this.

My question is whether or not there are different qualities of this cable and whether more expensive cable will make a difference to the sound quality coming from the rear speakers?

Looking at the original cable and the new one, they look the same to an uninitiated me!

Thanks for your help.

Matthew

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    No chance. Your system is a budget setup which won't give any better, no matter which leads you use. Ooops, sorry, on re-reading my first line, I think I must sound rude :blush: . You have a good set of speakers, but don't waste money or time worrying about cables having an effect in your case.

High-end setups (apparently) respond to better/different leads, but many people are still waiting to be convinced :rolleyes:

3. MRW

MRW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Nobber.

No offence taken!