1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Speakers Advice Please :)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sirees01, Mar 4, 2002.

1. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My rear speakers are behind my sofa & chair.
    I currently have two feeble speakers which I had with my tosh 36zp, on stands set at about ear level trying to do the job.
    However I have just upgraded my centre speaker to a Mission M7C1 & have noticed a massive difference, therefore I have been persuaded to upgrade my rears as well. Ideally I would like a pair of rears which I can put on the floor behind my furniture which will project the sound upwards.
    I want the speakers to stand upright but with the sound projected vertically.
    :confused: yet, I am.

Any ideas anyone

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Afraid not

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why behind the sofa:confused: If it's because of looks, the 77ds's look good and you can even get them in white. which would blend in (assuming your wall is)

Otherwise your knackered:(

4. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has to be behind the sofa because the sofa is offset at 45 degrees at the corner of the room, and my speaker cable runs behind the wall (new house) and comes out at each corner of the room.
    I have been looking at the Mission 77ds for rears, would they be effective from sitting on the floor behind the furniture ?

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No,

They have to be on the wall and about 2feet above you but they are better to the side walls if that helps.

I don't think you have any other option but to but them on the wall. What about putting some on stands (not the 77ds's though)

6. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which speakers would you suggest for sitting on the stands?

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0