Rear speaker suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by megson, Sep 17, 2003.

1. megson

megson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

After long and protracted deliberation I am on now on the verge of ordering M&K 850 series LCR's.

However.... my money wont stretch to decent M&K rears at the moment so I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction with regard to some cheap rear speakers that won't be a completely embarrassed by my fronts.

I have Kef eggs at the moment but I dont suppose that they will suffice as rears will they?

I did consider K4 tripoles but I don't want to spend £500.00 on them. I would rather buy cheaper in the short term and save my pennies for something that will eventually do my front 3 speakers justice.

Help would be appreciated

Megson

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I have M&K MPS1510 at the front and K4 at the rear and the cheaper tripole rears work well with the fronts.

They are very good surround speakers in their own right and tonally similar to the fronts. I had Mission M7DS rears before and playing the dark Side of the Moon SACD in multi channel mode sounded dreadful but since changing to the K4 rears the sound has much improved.

3. megson

megson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Thanks Ian

Megson