1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker suggestion to match Wharfedale??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gz5ztg, Aug 1, 2002.

1. gz5ztg

gz5ztg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Now I am unhappy, Wharfedale have just told me that the Diamond 8 DFS bipole rears are not coming out until the end of the year.

I currently have Diamond 8.2s at the front and was going to get these as rears.

Will I be better off selling the wharfedales and getting a nwe package such as the Mission M72 cinema package or just buying some other rear speakers?

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Are you happy with the Diamonds in front? If yes, then keep 'em and get some Mission dipoles for the rear. IMO it is the front 3 speakers which it is essential are a match - the rears, esp. for DVD's do not have to have identical tweeters to the fronts to get good surround sound. SACD and DVD Audio is another story, but then dipoles aren't good for that anyway. Alternatively if you don't mind having a more direct sound to your ears for rears, put the 8.2's behind you and get some 8.3's for the front for more bass:devil: The Mission package sounds like a sideways step and you may not like the different sound they make either...