Rear Speaker Stands

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by craynerd, Nov 6, 2005.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys

I`m looking to get my rears, well been looking for the last month, i`ve seen the Ms903s, 77ds, 5ds ect all wall mounted bipolar rears, nice and flat to fit flush to the wall. But i`ve been trying to figure out how to hide the wire behind the wall, and it just looks like much to big of a job for ME to be able to handle! Many problems arise such as the speakers will be mounted above the mid wall horizontal studd, meaning channeling through that, and also the fact that its a brand new appartment we are painting the walls and i dont want to see a plastered join if i do chase. Also the other wall is an outdoor wall therefore it will most probably be filled with insulation, causing more problems!!!

So are there any high/tall speaker stands that i could mount rear bipolers on to elivate them to head hight and still look tidy?!

The room is a kitchen/living area so is long rectangular thats whay i want bipolars to bounce it towards the kitchen as well.

Any suggestions, the number one priority after sound is tidy! My mrs just WONT have them up if they look untidy!

Chris

2. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ps. i presume that if i got speaker stands i would have to choose different speakers from the wall mounted ones i`ve been looking at?! Any advice, i`m looking to spend <£200 inc second hand!

3. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    bump!!

4. Devil On Your S

Devil On Your S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Atacama SE10 speaker stands. I got mine for £70 on ebay.

SE10

Alternatively, you can get brand new Nexus 10 delivered from Superfi for £80.

5. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    But what sort/make/modelof speaker are they designed for? If u used speaker stands i wouldnt be looking to use dipoles like the 77ds, 903s would i? And i wanted dipole to fill the area of room behind the sofa!

Chris

6. cmcg55

cmcg55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apollo also do a 1m tall version of their A4 stand - again, available from Superfi. Better looking than the Nexus, but that's JMO.