1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker stands for MS302's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JoeyJoeJoe, Nov 13, 2003.

1. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to get the Nexus 10 speaker stands for my Mordaunt Short 302's but I have realised that the top plate is too big and the speakers will look too small on these stands. Any suggestions as to what stands I can use instead? I would imagine that these speakers would be OK on universal stands. They have two screws on the back and look like they would screw onto a bracket of some kind on the stands.

Tons of fun in particular, can you help? You seem to know all about MS speakers :)

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,215
    We did sell the 300P floor stand but that is currently being looked at to improve the rigidity and is out of production. The two screws are for the 300M wall bracket which is by far the best way of mounting 302's- if of course you have a wall handy! Vivanco apparently make an entriely suitable "clamping" floorstand for a reasonable price so if you have to floorstand, I'd look at their products.

3. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that. I knew I could rely on you for a good, quick reply.

4. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been on the phone to Hifibitz and they told me that they are available to order. How long have the 302P stands been out of production for?

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,215
    Not long- about a month from memory. The new premiere satellites are due in 2004 and the stand is being subtly changed and re-enforced for then. I think that as they are not massive sellers, Marantz will have enough that most retailers will never know. I would (shoots himself in foot) still have a look at Vivanco.

6. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alas, I am still awaiting my £55 MS300P speaker stands from HiFiBitz. Just happened to be in Macro last night and saw a pair of Vivanco stands for only £24.99+ VAT [£29.36]. Needless to say, I have now cancelled my order with HiFiBitz and saved myself £25.64 in the process :smashin:

7. Rainbow6

Rainbow6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which model number and how well do they work?
    Cheers,
    Jim

8. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Model number WMF110SS [Silver]. I don't know how well they work as I haven't plugged them in yet :laugh:

Seriously though. I haven't got them set up yet as the brackets don't have big enough holes to take the screws that are on the back of the 302's. First impressions are very good. Very sturdy and solidly built. They take speakers up to 3kgs so they should be OK. I will take my drill to the brackets later and post a pic when I have them set up.