Rear speaker placement

Hitsp

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am trying to determine where it would be best location to place my rear speakers.

I have attached my room layout and would appreciate would be the best layout to achieve 5.1 sound.

I am looking to use:
Kef T301 x 2 for rear and centre
Front - Kef R500

Also, given the layout is it best to use K50 for atmos or have ceiling speakers?

Thanks in advance.

H

Attachments

• TV area2.JPG
    TV area2.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 76
Unfortunately, that's not option for me.

If you're running a 5.1 system, then you don't have "rear" speakers you have "surround" speakers. They should ideally be at the side of you or if they have to be behind you then they should only be up to 110 degrees back from pointing at your ears.

Given the quality of the front L/R speakers you are getting and how close they are to the screen (and how central you are sitting to the screen) then I would not bother with the mismatched centre to be honest. The centre takes up to 60% of the sound output in a movie so it is an important speaker to get right. Personally I would want that sound coming from the far better quality R series speakers. So if you can not afford/position a R series centre then you may be better having no centre at all.

Open plan layout - always tricky as Sound Waves don't stick to your virtual 'lines'.

Centre - either a good match or don't bother and set the AVR to 'no Centre'.

Surrounds - as per above should be at your sides, if free standing floor/stand mount is not an option I'd consider some In-ceiling, ideally units you can 'aim' them towards the listening position.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom