Rear speaker placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dialatech, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Well we are about to decorate and I was wondering if I should move the speakers or if there are fine way there are.

I ask this because at times it seems there is no surround effect on movies. I used to have a really cheap pair of onkyo all in one kit and it seems the surround effect was better with these.

My receiver is the onkyo 616 and the speakers are the q acoustic cinema speakers.

I have attached a picture, click the link
    http://db.tt/6JN4TWRq

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,863
    It is hard to tell by the image you've provided, but the speakers look to be too high? The rear speakers should be higher than the front speakers, but only as high as your head would be should you be standing. I'd also suggest not placing them tight up into corners. I'd need to see where you'd be sitting in association with the speaker placements in order to comment further.

3. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Basically right in the middle of the two speakers is were I sit. If you look at the image, there is a windows I Sit there.

The speakers are 3ft above ear level. When I sit now

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,863
    A I said, the speakers look to be too high and would probably be better placed lower down. Try them at what would be your head height while standing.

The only other option I can think of is not only to lower them, but to use dipole speakers mounted on the side walls as opposed to forward radiating speakers placed in the corners.