1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nixon, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Nixon

Nixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I know that this is going to be hard to imagine because I don't have a picture of my bedroom drawn but I will have a go at explaining anyway.

I have all my speakers raised. They are set about 3 metres off the ground in a hole (where some cupboards used to be) Now, I am buying my rears and am wondering where to put them, I have a bunk bed situated opposite the front speakers and not a lot of room between the ceiling and top bunk of the bed, I don't know what sort of speakers I am going to get so any suggestions would be appreciated, also would it be okay of I put them under the bed? I have read in my Loudspeaker Construction book that you can put them facing upwards, although they would have to be under my bed.

I hope this made some sense! :rolleyes:

2. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup i get the picture of your room, it is a bummer, hmmm ideally you should put your centre rear quite high up on the wall and quite high behind you, but if it is not possible have you tried maybe a very big stand from the ground lifting above your head and infront of your bed?or possibly some kind of projector mount from the ceilling going infront of the bed, it is tricky.
    Grounding the speaker would not be ideal at all really, never tried it, but i don't think it would work very well.
    experiment with your ears, probabl the best resource!
    Fred