Rear Speaker options for my setup

DiscoOll

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we recently moved house and I am setting up a room as a tv room, got tv yesterday (Panasonic TX-P50GT30) and watched our 1st 3D film last night. My front speakers are B&W DM603 S3's, centre is a B&W CC6, as yet I don't have any rears. My sofa sits next to the wall and I understand that rear speaker should be at ear level. I only want small speakers, any suggestions as to what would go well with my B&W's. Would it be ok to put speakers on floor behind sofa pointing up or would ceiling speakers be ok.
I was going to try some speakers from my panasonic 5.1 system in the other room but they are 3ohm.

Ceiling speakers would work better than putting them on the floor! Rear speakers should ideally be just above ear level pointed at the listening position. Many people use ceiling speakers for a discrete setup and providing they are directional, should work fine as rears. Why can't you just mount small compact rears on stands or on the wall? B&W obviously do a number of small compact speakers but they don't have to be B&W. MA Radius, Focal Dome, Kef etc. all do small compact speakers that would work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom