Rear speaker help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by finlab, Jul 29, 2002.

1. finlab

finlab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay work is quiet and I am tearing my hair out visiting sites trying to decide on rear speakers.
    I have mission 773's, a marantz 5200 prob going to get a mission 77c1 but now have to decide on rears.
    I want to stay with missions but here is (eventually) my question

Should I go for cheaper bookshelf eg m71 as rears or go with bipole 7ds for an extra £50? The 77ds dont seem to be stocked anywhere inc richers so theyre not an option.
    Help :confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 77 series is being finished off, which would include the 77ds you were looking at.

The 77ds have been given the better rating from what choice you mentioned.

I use the 78ds and find them superb. The 77ds are still available from remaining stock or ex-dem or s/h.

Although they take up a bit more room than the small rears they handle the bass a little better.

I have a 77c1 mission centre and really like it! The 77 series was an excellent range!

3. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 772, which will be my front speakers when I move into my HC room, and I agree the 77 series was excellent.

Could you please tell me if you know any shops which still have the 77ds speakers? I've been looking for a couple of pairs second hand and it seems these are so good no one wants to part with them!

4. GJC

GJC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I had this package - 773e fronts, 77c1 centre and the 77ds rears.

My only complaint about them is that the front pair lack bass extension, and you need to use the provided base supports or they will fall over!

Other than that those gold dust caps looks lovley!
    &
    Mission certainly took the market by storm with these speakers, especially the rears and centre.

GJC